La Misa Negra - "Soncocho"


"I believe I can fly"
- Robert Sylvester Kelly

On a southbound bus, flying down Telegraph, I decided to release all of the parrots from their cheap wire cages. There was Sidney and WaffleFries and NoName. The birds were grateful, and sprang into the air in a celebratory green, purple and beak-y frenzy. The bus was half-crowded, and the people were not pleased.
Were the birds shrieking? Was it the passengers? Was it Betsy DeVos?
WaffleFries flew into the back of the driver's head and he swung hard left, and then right again. Water bottles rolled across the floor. I yelped. Someone screamed ragged and real. The bus driver swore on the grave of Ulysses. Brakes slammed, tires ground to a halt and gravity kicked into gear quite fast.
A crowd had gathered outside.
The driver opened the door, a bike zipped by and Sidney pooped on a child's face.

I swung by bag over my shoulder, blew kisses and ran into the Avenue.


Comments

Popular Posts